my mother, my superhero

My mother.
My superhero.


I wrote in my previous post how much my mom did for us while she visited this past while.

Mom, what would I do without you? Your tireless service to myself & my family, & Joy while doing so never ceases to amaze me. I cannot thank you enough for your willingness to come & take care of me / of Us over Edie's birth. It was a wonderful feeling knowing everyone was in capable hands with you here. Whenever we share a visit I learn so much from you how to be a good mom & how to take care of my children well. I learned from you as you rocked my baby & as you played with Asher. Your utter love & attention for my children blesses my heart.

Thank you for your time. For your motherly wisdom & patience. For your friendship. For your love.

As for your name.
Audrey. 
I knew that if we had a baby girl we would use the name 'Audrey.' Not only do I find it a beautifully timeless name, I wanted to honour you by bestowing it on our daughter. Edith Audrey. 
Noble strength.


Thank you, thank you, thank you, mom. For everything.
Again, we were so blessed (& spoiled!) by your presence here with us.

WE LOVE YOU!

Comments

  1. Agnes was over for a visit tonight and I wanted to show her your blog and pics of Edith and then suddenly there I was, 'my mother, my superhero.' Tears immediately welled in my eyes as I read your post. Thank you Dani, for your heartfelt thots...it blesses me so. I look back on these two weeks spent with you and your family with the fondest of memories. My heart was full and overflowing with thankfulness...for you, for sweet baby Edith and her perfect arrival, all those precious snuggles, special playtimes with Asher, 'woof', rocking him to sleep, for Joel's new job, your beautiful home, a new bed, your wonderful neighbours, Jessica & Phil & family, the handy-dandy town of Nipawin, those Saskatchewan blue skies, your kitchen window looking out at that beautiful tree, watching Joel play football, the Anglican faspa, 'corn and the bus' ....it was easy to serve you and I'm so glad it blessed you. I came home refreshed and I know I left a little piece of my heart in Nipawin. ps. And you know that for me, there's nothing more precious or dear to my heart than to hold a newborn baby. The gift of a grandchild is an absolute prize. With much love, Mom, GrammaA/Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile every time I say, her name is Edith Audrey. It's still a little overwhelming to me and I'm ever so proud that she's my grand-girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts