August / pt 2

// AUGUST CONT //

We took a little detour on the way back home & did a last minute stopover at Bridge Lake at the Walls cabin! Fun to hang with their fam ~ James & Maggie broke the ice while paddle boarding & the kids ran around in the dark til it was past time to come in.




fishing with Jordan / Davie & Echo (Goldie's inspiration)


us & the kids ~ Miranda was pregnant with Eli her oldest at our wedding. 
Fun to hang with the Walls & enjoy their spot for P&Q.
Brought back memories of years spent at the Friesen house ~ cards & games & good food.


Me & Mir


pretty drive on the northern route back through Jasper

// CALAWAY //


in all our years visiting Calgary, this was our first visit to Calaway Park! The kids are at good ages for it & we had a blast. Way more pics of James & Davie as the older two were off with June on their own the whole time. I found out roller coasters are still fun & I think Joel even had a decent time not being a ride guy.


a few rides were definitely on the scary side for David but he handled it really well



roller coaster with James!




caught Edie & June at the end!


Loved all our pool days ~ fun this year that James could swim his laps & didn't waste any time jumping off the plank! 


Caronport Day / kids run

James won by a long shot!


Elm Crescent kids


love an evening walk with my babe
xx

I surprised myself this summer by not wanting it to end just yet!
Enjoyed the slower start in the mornings (definitely more my pace, haha), morning/evening time on the patio with coffee & a book, pool days & getting some fun in with the kids. For sure it was still overwhelming at times but overall I enjoyed this summer more than I have in a long time. I think I've become a bit better at being intentional with the things that are filling for me, or cutting myself some slack instead of feeling drained most of the time. So cheers to that!

It's been fun to try new things with the kids as they've gotten a bit older & fun to see them have their own adventures too. Big shout out to Des for having Asher out & Sarah for having Edie.
Houstons may have to hit up some more theme parks next year...!

Comments

Popular Posts